Rocco Botte (born 1984), is the creative genius behind Mega64. He was born in San Diego, California. San Diego native, student, and creator of Mega64, Rocco lives a life of intrigue and suspense. You may spot him around any corner, at an Aquabats concert, performing in community theater, or "getting his game on" at a local videogame shop. Not much else is known about him. In Mega64, he portrays protagonist Rocko Boaty (which is a play on his real life name), and the main villain, Dr. Poque. Ever since Mega64, though, he has been getting noticed more, and it even made a few skits like that of "Dead Rising 2" and others a bit tougher to film for. Rocco doesn't dislike the attention, but he does want to film that skit everyone has been waiting for (conjecture, citation needed)...
Rocco was the brain child of Richard Botte. Much to Rocco's dismay, Richard has permeated every aspect of Mega64 culture. It is unknown if this disturbs Rocco.
Rocco is somewhat of a gaming legend in the common venacular. He keeps his thoughts grounded in reality, aside for the times when he's writing skits. In these instances, he lets his imagination run wild. Rocco has a highly advanced GPS wristwatch that allows him access to the Mega64 servers any hour of the day.
Personal Channel Edit
Rocco has a personal channel called "roccobotte" on YouTube. He often posts videos on his life in and outside Mega64. He also created short sketches on his channel, and it is known for the series the "Unboxing Ring," where Rocco plays a character named Tyler "Trick Man." In the series, Tyler unwraps Mega64 DVD's and talks about the disc art on them. However, all the videos begin like this, and then escalate to Tyler arguing with the crew members off-screen. The improvised arguments often get violent and intense. Each skit would end with Tyler going back to the camera and asking Max (his cameraman) if he was recording the whole time. The series went on from 2010- 2013, with the last episode (#6) being the series finale. The episodes would get gradually longer with each release of "Unboxing Ring."
Top 10 Rocco Quotes of All TimeEdit
"Rain in san diego, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Don't slam the door!"
"There's flies everywhere!"
"If we get it on film, that's what happened"
"My mind is just crap today."
"I like pie!"
"If you don't like it, leave."
"Take care of it!"
"He, (Lil' Wayne), sounds like a kazoo inside of an asshole."
"Our youtube views have grown exponentially, much like the population of the earth. I think that's what makes Mega64 so popular, the amount of views we get on YouTube." [CITATION NEEDED]
"I'm the leader, Derrick is second in command, then Eric, then Garrett...and then Shawn."
- Favorite video games: Super Mario World 2, North & South, Resident Evil 4, Ico, Dead Rising, Trojan, Othello Derby, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
- Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr Plaqe sad
- Featured in: Mega64
- Favorite movies: The Worst Witch, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, Return of the King, Fight Club, Cabin Fever, Feeders 2: Slaybells, Troll 2, Night of the Living Dead, Aquafear, Dinosaur, Night of the Creeoshow, Dance of the Dead, A Fight with David, a Shot in the Dark, Return of the Mummy, Terror Train, Dawn of the dead, Creepshow 2, the Hunger Games, Harry Potter 4, Dracula dead and loving it, Woohoo for Outerspace a film by Stanley Kubrick, Still Waiting
- Favorite TV show: Power Rangers, Neon Gensis Evangelion, The Wonder Years, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Tom Green Show, Degrassi, Twin Peaks, Slowdraw the animated seires
- Favorite bands: The Aquabats, Bad Credit, Weezer, N.E.R.D., Alien Ant Farmmm, Aquabats
- Favorite food: Pizza, spaghetti, italian meatballs
- Absolutely hates: That bee man that walks around at Hometown Buffet, Creepshow
- Funniest thing ever seen/heard: My great uncle's microphone exploding when he tried to give a speech on his birthday, Terminator 2 theme
- During a college theater class, Rocco had to perform an interpretive act for the song "Papa Can You Hear Me?" without any recieving any direction. He improvised throughout the whole song, and was fooled twice by the song's false endings—hilarity, and embarassment ensued.
- Rocco's official profile at Mega64.com
- Rocco's personal YouTube page
- Rocco's Tumblr
- Rocco's profile at the Mega64ums
- Rocco's old website that he is embarrassed about